Domaine Castor et Pollux, a 90.6258 acre / 36.6882 hectare estate, featuring its own private 3 hole golf course with 9 fairways and 9 uniquely distinct tee offs, which sits on approximately 28 acres of the total estate. This fully operational & magnificent golf course was designed by famed architect Howard Watson. See below for full details.
Domaine Castor & Pollux
Welcome to “Domaine Castor et Pollux”, a 90.6258 acre / 36.6882 hectare estate, featuring its own private 3 hole golf course with 9 fairways and 9 uniquely distinct “tee offs”, which sits on approximately 28 acres of the total estate. This fully operational and magnificent golf course was designed by famed architect Howard Watson and has been meticulously maintained since its conception.
Howard Watson was elected into ASGCA (American Society of Golf Course Architects) as a member in 1954 and served as ASGCA President from 1958-1959. He was promoted to Fellow status in 1977 and served as a member for 38 years. Watson’s list of achievements not only includes the “Domaine Castor et Pollux” private golf course, but also the following:
• Carling Lake Golf Club (Grenville-sur-la-Rouge, Quebec, Canada)
• Pinegrove Country Club (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada)
• Caymanas Country Club (Jamaica)
• Royal Quebec Golf Club (Boischatel, Quebec, Canada)
• Aroostook Valley Country Club (Fort Fairfield, Maine)
This private estate’s full service golf course includes an irrigation system, independent water dam reservoir, all necessary equipment, and machinery needed to operate and maintain its pristine condition. A vast stand alone garage/warehouse is used to store all equipment, golf carts, and accessories needed to make full use of the estate and all it has to offer.
Ideally located within 45 minutes from midtown Montreal, this vast Domain offers many amenities, services and possibilities:
• Cross country skiing
• Horseback riding
• Outdoor childrens’ playground
• Bocce courts
• Nature walks / hikes
• Mountain biking
• And much more.
The Estate offers the opportunity to entertain large family functions, corporate events, and networking events all within the confinds of a private resort style atmosphere.
The Estate offers several buildings, structures and unique landscape features, making it truly a one of a kind opportunity. See full list below.
Buildings, Structures and Lanscape Features:
Family Inn (Auberge) :
• 3 storey building plus basement built in 2006
• Approximately 4000 sq.ft. per floor (total 12 000 finished sq.ft.)
• 1st and 2nd floors feature 11 suites complete a large bedroom, living room, full bathroom, and mini kitchenette and fridge. Each suite has an A/C wall unit
• Basement level houses an 8 car garage, mechanical and electrical rooms large Laundry room and Custom Wine Cellar
Original Ancestral Home:
• Completely renovated A-Z in 2006
• 2 storeys above ground
• 14 bedrooms
• 6 bathrooms
• 1 full Kitchen
Family Hall (Club House):
• Built in 2005
• Main floor measures 40 x 95 feet, approximately 3800 sq.ft.
• Mezzanine, measures approximately 880 sq.ft. and houses mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Vast dining area, seats close to 200 people
• Commercial kitchen
• Men and Women locker rooms / bathrooms
• Full service bar
• Pool / Snooker room
• Games room
• N.B.: Large traditional fire brick European wood burning oven located outside, adjacent to the Family Hall and is covered by a 3 season enclosure.
• Built in 1992
• Measuring approximately 1100 sq.ft.
• Covering several park benches
• Overlooking the gardens and provides shelter from precipitation when entertaining outdoors.
Garage / Warehouse:
• Built in 1988 and extended in 1990
• Measuring approximately 2600 sq.ft.
• Houses Golf carts, Tractors, all necessary operational equipment.