House for Sale in La Malbaie
640 Ch. des Falaises, La Malbaie, QC
- 8 BEDS
- 9+2 BATHS
- 9,225.75 sq.ft. Home
- 640 Ch. des Falaises, La Malbaie, QC
- 8 BEDS
- 9+2 BATHS
- 9,225.75 sq.ft. Home
- MLS® #: 24569386
- Property ID: SIRC1335539
- Property Type: Residential, House
- Living Space: 9,225.75 sq.ft.
- Lot Size: 421,271.47 sq.ft.
- Year Built: 1900
- Bedrooms: 8
- Bathrooms: 9+2
- Parking Spaces: 11
- Municipal Taxes 2023: $17,198
- School Taxes 2023: $1,274
The Villa des Capucines is a sumptuous summer residence built in 1900 and is undoubtedly one of the most impressive properties in La Malbaie. This villa represents a flourishing era when the region enjoyed international renown as a vacation destination. The residence, with a living area of 9,600 square feet, spans 2 floors. The majority of it is reserved for the owners and includes 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. An annex located at the back is reserved for employees and maintenance areas. A sunken pool and a tennis court for sports enthusiasts complete the 421,000 square feet property. Truly a unique site!
- The location offers panoramic views of the river and La Malbaie.
- The residence is not winterized
- The section dedicated to the living and reception areas of the owners covers approximately 6,200 square feet (out of the total 9,600 square feet). The ground floor includes common spaces, such as an entrance hall, 2 living rooms (with fireplaces), 2 dining rooms (with fireplaces), a kitchen, and a meal preparation room. There is also a bedroom and a bathroom. The upper floor comprises 7 bedrooms (6 with ambient fireplaces), each with its own private bathroom. Most bedrooms offer river views.
- The employee and maintenance area includes a kitchen, a living room, 4 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms.
- The sunken pool is surrounded by lush greenery, and there is a pavilion with a sauna and an outdoor wood-burning fireplace. The property features its own tennis court for sports enthusiasts.
- Among the secondary buildings, there is a workshop garage, a woodshed, a storage shed, and a carport.
- This spacious 120+ year-old summer residence has received exceptional maintenance and renovations to various systems and components at different times (heating, air conditioning, roofing, raising of the house on a new foundation wall, etc.). The residence, however, retains all of its vintage charm with high ceilings and original woodwork and finishes on the walls and ceilings.
- The first part of the land (133,640 square feet) where the residence is located includes a slightly elevated plateau compared to Chemin des Falaises. Access is via an asphalted road for over 300 feet, leading to ample parking at the rear of the house. - The remaining land at the back (287,620 square feet) represents nearly 70% of the total area of the property, and it is entirely wooded. It has a constant and relatively steep slope toward Chemin des Carrières, which marks the property's boundary. There is potential for construction in this portion of the land, which would also enjoy river views.
- The Villa is conveniently located near numerous activities accessible by walking, cycling, or car: renowned restaurants, art galleries, the Manoir Richelieu golf course, Charlevoix Casino, Charlevoix Astronomical Observatory, cycling paths, riverside promenades, Cap à l'Aigle marina, and skiing at Mont Grand Fond.
With over two centuries of history, La Malbaie is considered the cradle of resort living in Canada. It's where the first "white boats" arrived, carrying many wealthy Americans in search of beauty and adventure.
Living in Charlevoix means residing in one of the most beautiful tourist regions in Quebec, thanks to its breathtaking panoramas and the presence of the magnificent St. Lawrence River.
Downloads & Media
- Casino / Gambling
- Country Living
- Mountain View
- Outdoor Pool
- Tennis Court(s)
- Water View
- HallwayGround floor34' x 11' 1.3"Wood
- Living roomGround floor30' x 14' 9.6"Wood
- Living roomGround floor27' 10.8" x 18'Wood
- KitchenGround floor35' 1.2" x 18' 4.8"Linoleum
- Dining roomGround floor21' x 18' 4.8"Wood
- Dining roomGround floor19' x 14' 1.2"Wood
- BedroomGround floor21' x 16' 7.2"Wood
- BathroomGround floor12' 7.2" x 6' 7.2"Other
- Bedroom2nd floor21' x 18' 4.8"Wood
- Bathroom2nd floor14' 1.2" x 14'Wood
- Bedroom2nd floor18' 9.6" x 18'Wood
- Bathroom2nd floor12' 4.8" x 8'Wood
- Bedroom2nd floor16' 7.2" x 14' 7.2"Wood
- Bathroom2nd floor7' x 6'Wood
- Bedroom2nd floor15' 7.2" x 14' 9.6"Wood
- Bathroom2nd floor8' x 5' 1.2"Wood
- Bedroom2nd floor11' 9.6" x 8' 6"Carpet
- Bathroom2nd floor5' 1.2" x 5' 7.2"Other
- Bedroom2nd floor13' 7.2" x 12' 2.4"Wood
- Bathroom2nd floor13' 7.2" x 10'Wood
- Bedroom2nd floor23' 7.2" x 15'Wood
- Bathroom2nd floor11' x 10' 1.2"Wood
- Storage2nd floor16' x 12' 10.8"Linoleum
- KitchenOther12' x 12'Linoleum
- Home officeOther12' x 8'Linoleum
- Laundry roomOther16' 9.6" x 9' 10.8"Linoleum
- Cellar / Cold roomOther15' x 9' 10.8"Concrete
- Living roomOther14' x 11' 2.4"Wood
- OtherOther14' x 12' 10.8"Wood
- BedroomOther18' x 10' 7.2"Wood
- BedroomOther10' 7.2" x 10' 7.2"Wood
- BedroomOther9' 4.8" x 10' 7.2"Wood
- BedroomOther8' 4.8" x 10' 7.2"Wood
- BathroomOther8' 1.2" x 7' 3.6"Wood
- BathroomOther8' 1.2" x 6' 6"Wood
Ask Us For More Information
640 Ch. des Falaises, La Malbaie, Québec, G5A2V2 Canada
Around this property
Information about the area within a 5-minute walk of this property.
- Principal and Interest 0
- Property Taxes 0
- Strata / Condo Fees 0
Sotheby’s International Realty Québec
1430 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, Quebec, H3G 1K4