Access an authentic stone castle, ¨Bois de la Roche¨, with an interior area of approximately 18,427 sq ft, (3 floors + basement) built in the 19th century, inspired by the Loire castles and reigning over its 19.69 acre domain, a peninsula (Pointe Forget) in the Lake of Two Mountains, on the Island of Montreal. Completely rebuilt on the inside while preserving imposing historical & architectural components, this is a rare & original ensemble, on a site of breathtaking beauty that stands out. With uninterrupted panoramic views of the lake, it is accessed through an imposing gateway & a magnificent estate via a long private wooded avenue.
- THE Château 'Bois-de-la-Roche' is a rare jewel built in 1899 on the island of Montreal facing the Lake of Two-Mountains. Situated on a large peninsula of more than 19 acres.
- The architectural quality & size of this Castle, as well as, the grounds, make it one of the most remarkable properties on the island.
- Inspired by the castles of the Loire Valley & the French Renaissance, the prestigious stone manor topped with a high copper roof pierced with 3 turreted dormers has a long façade flanked by two lower wings, several architectural motifs.
- The interior of the castle was meticulously restored & expanded by the present owners to preserve the historical & architectural character of the castle.
- This rare residence is accessed through a long, private, wooded driveway leading to a breathtakingly beautiful setting.
- At the time, the famous & renowned architect Edward Maxwell had already built a mansion on Sherbrooke Street W. for the wealthy Senator Louis-Joseph Forget, when the latter commissioned Maxwell to design a 2nd residence. Maxwell wanted to surpass the work of his contemporaries & create a masterpiece. So in 1899 he delivered to the senator: the Bois-de-la-Roche.
- The living space is currently close to approximately 18,427 sf which includes 3 floors & a basement; 3 staircases, one of which is a majestic solid oak staircase in the main hall; a discreet service staircase, on 4 floors, giving the owners all the privacy they need; & a 3rd staircase for 4 floors, & giving access to the indoor pool. Also the luxurious elevator accessing all 4 floors.
- There are 12 fireplaces (4 gas, 6 wood & 2 electric), 8 large bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, 3 powder rooms & a sauna with shower & powder room.
- The large entrance main hall takes center stage with an imposing fireplace in the center & a massive staircase to the west. On one side the hall leads to the Living room, Library, Music Room & indoor pool. On the other side the hall leads to the main Dining room, the large Solarium, the Den, & the large Kitchen with dining area.
- The 2nd floor includes a large central Living room with gas fireplace & 3 luxurious bedrooms with sitting area & ensuite.
- The 3rd floor includes 4 bedrooms & 3 ensuites. Possibility to make, alternatively, 2 large suites with 3 bathrooms.
- The basement includes a large bedroom with an ensuite and many separate areas finished with polished cement floors and gyproc walls & ceiling.
- Senneville is a prestigious suburban village located at the west end of the Island of Montreal. It boasts a unique private equestrian club, private golf course, vineyard, biological farms & yacht club. Located near private, public schools & universities. Highways 40 & 20. 40 minutes from Downtown Montreal and minutes from airport.
- Live royally in a Castle situated on a parklike peninsula close to all amenities. Country living in the City.
290 Ch. de Senneville, Senneville, Québec, H9X3X4 Canada
Information about the area within a 5-minute walk of this property.
Distinctive features: Water access -- Lake, Distinctive features: Water front -- Lake, Distinctive features: Motor boat allowed, Driveway: Asphalt, Driveway: Plain paving stone, Rental appliances: Alarm system, Cupboard: Wood, Heating system: Air circulation, Heating system: Other -- Geothermal system, Water supply: Artesian well, Heating energy: Other -- Geothermic system, Easy access: Elevator, Equipment available: Other -- A/C with Geothermal system, Generator, Available services: Fire detector, Equipment available: Ventilation system, Equipment available: Electric garage door, Equipment available: Sauna, Equipment available: Alarm system, Windows: Aluminum, Windows: Wood, Foundation: Poured concrete, Hearth stove: Other -- Electric, Hearth stove: Wood fireplace, Hearth stove: Gaz fireplace, Garage: Other -- 1 Garage + 2 other detached garages, Garage: Heated, Garage: Detached, Garage: Double width or more, Garage: Fitted, Garage: Single width, Distinctive features: No neighbours in the back, Pool: Other -- Bromide, Pool: Heated, Pool: Inground, Pool: Indoor, Proximity: Other -- Equestrian,Golf club,Vineyard,biological Farm, Proximity: Highway, Proximity: Cegep, Proximity: Daycare centre, Proximity: Golf, Proximity: Hospital, Proximity: Park - green area, Proximity: Bicycle path, Proximity: Elementary school, Proximity: High school, Proximity: Cross-country skiing, Proximity: Public transport, Proximity: University, Siding: Stone, Bathroom / Washroom: Adjoining to the master bedroom, Bathroom / Washroom: Separate shower, Bathroom / Washroom: Jacuzzi bath-tub, Basement: 6 feet and over, Basement: Finished basement, Parking: Outdoor x 20, Parking: Garage x 4, Sewage system: Septic tank, Distinctive features: Wooded, Landscaping: Landscape, Window type: Crank handle, Roofing: Other -- Copper, Roofing: Tin, View: Water, View: Panoramic, Zoning: Agricultural
Sotheby’s International Realty Québec
620, boul. St-Jean, Suite 202
Pointe-Claire, Quebec, H9R 3K2