GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY - Semi-commercial building with splendid rental income. For investor or owner occupant. Recent renovations.Vast and bright living spaces. Prime location: Within walking distance of the best addresses on Laurier Avenue and Laurier Park.
Downtown Montreal, in the prestigious Plateau-Mont-Royal section, this property is a gem! One of the rare triplex that has been fully renovated with creative design and high standard materials. It could be an excellent business opportunity for an eager investor, with great income potential. It also offers a fantastic living opportunity for a business owner looking for a home with commercial space on the ground floor.
At the moment the commercial space is divided into two shops with separate entrances, but could be converted into one larger store as needed (or eventually as a new flat, for an all residential building). Each shop has a back door that accesses a back alley, shared with the two neighbors.
Both apartments have been completely renovated in 2010-2011:
* Six new PVC windows.
* New insulated balcony metal doors; front balconies with fibreglass decking, wrought iron guards, treated wood handrail.
* Both bedrooms redone with hardwood floors and custom made structural clothes and linen armoires (matching the floor wood).
* Fully renovated kitchens with rare exotic wood (anigre) cabinets, new appliances, stainless steel sinks, and range hoods, two-seating lunch counter, etc.
* Laundry and storage space in both apartments.
* City gas added to the top apartment for a new gas range and fireplace.
* White aluminium handrail on back balconies (decking was repainted in 2020).
* Roof completely redone with an elastomeric membrane.
* Optimised insulation and soundproofing.
* Entrance doors to both flats are made of solid mahogany, with prestigious BOUVET (France) door handles.
* Higher quality hardwood floors: mahogany (1st floor), walnut (second floor).
* Stunning walnut stairs and handrail in the second flat, designed and handmade by a professional stairs designer. Guardrail made of steel and tempered glass.
* All woodwork, floors, custom made cabinets, wood doors and part of the decor concept was provided by RENOVA Inc, a prestigious custom work company (Hotels Germain & Alt, Iris stores, Simons, etc.)
-**The interior staircase could connect the two apartments into a large two-story residence.
-**Possibility to add a third bedroom on each floor, for a total of 3 bedrooms in each apartment.
1656-1662 Av. Laurier E., Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Québec, H2J1J2 Canada
Information about the area within a 5-minute walk of this property.
Water supply: Municipality, Sewage system: Municipal sewer, Zoning: Commercial, Zoning: Residential
Sotheby’s International Realty Québec
1430 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, Quebec, H3G 1K4