Designed in collaboration with renowned architect Alain Carle, this magnificent waterfront home is truly unique. A Gold level LEED certified home built to the highest environmental standards and using sustainable energy systems. The ultimate in luxury living with no compromise. It is a real haven of health and peace in a pure and natural environment. Located in the prestigious Lac St-Victor Estates with 8.7 acres of land on the beautiful Lac Héronnière. Only 75 mins from Montreal.
Each component and system of the house has been analyzed and chosen to create a healthy, non-toxic and non-carcinogenic living environment.
Located in the prestigious Lac St-Victor Estates which is renowned for its peaceful natural setting,
quality, clean lakes and non- motorized environment. Boasting a large private lot of 8.7 acres (2
lots of 4.5 and 4.2 acres) on the shores of lac Héronnière; a healthy, quiet, motor-free lake.
Domaine Lac St-Victor is completely surrounded by protected crown land including an extensive
network of nature trails for outdoor enthusiasts.
Only minutes away from downhill skiing in Morin Heights, Balmoral Golf Club, 20 mins from the
village of St-Sauveur and 1 hour 15 mins from Montreal.
Energy system specifications:
- Integration of passive solar concepts
- Photovoltaic solar energy system of 4.32 kW.
- Temporary off-grid autonomy supported by 16 batteries totaling 39.8 kWh at 100% of their capacity
- Inverter to inject surplus production into the Hydro-Québec grid.
- Biomass central heating by pellets of recycled residues of lumber. It heats the radiant floors,
the forced air furnace and domestic hot water
- Ability to add more panels or other types of alternative energy technologies that produce electricity
to the existing system
- Gray water heat recovery (CGER)
- Certified Leed GOLD
- Certification Novoclimat
Awards and nominations:
- AZURE Magazine - Top 10 Residential Projects of 2015 (World)
- Named one of the most important houses in Canada by the CBC Life Digital House Tour Series
- 2015 Grand Design Award - Winner Residential space of over 3200 sq. Ft.
- Award of Excellence in Architecture 2015 - Finalist category residential buildings of single-family type
- Presented in the book Green Architecture Today
Construction awareness details:
- All materials are without COV and carcinogenic formaldehyde compounds (CFC).
- Glues are non-toxic.
- BX standard shielded electrical circuits to eliminate magnetic fields
- Positioning the wiring strategically to bypass the rest and high use areas
- No treatment on upholstery and curtains to avoid toxins
- Cushions of the built-in furniture and armchairs in low vegetable foam with hemp center to avoid toxic degradation dust.
- Infrared sauna (a powerful tool for detox)
- Soy based urethane insulation
- Natura paint by Benjamin Moore
- Non-toxic concrete sealer 'timber pro'
- Several ethernet outputs for those who do not want to use the wi-fi
- Vegetable garden and greenhouse area
Domain Lac St-Victor Estates:
The prestigious Lac St-Victor Estates is renowned for its low-density development and peaceful, natural environment.
A development with high ecological standards.
It is completely surrounded and protected by Crown Land and land protected by Nature Conservancy Canada.
It consists of clean and clear head lakes.
Nature lovers will find multiple trail systems to use in every season.
The Domain is connected to the high speed internet network.
A project with high-end constructions and quality investments.
It is located just 20 minutes from Morin Heights ski and and Balmoral Golf, 30 minutes from St-Sauveur, 40 minutes from Mont-Tremblant and 1h15 from Montreal.
Distinctive features: Water front -- Lake, Distinctive features: Boat without motor only, Driveway: Double width or more, Driveway: Not Paved, Cupboard: Wood, Heating system: Air circulation, Heating system: Radiant, Water supply: Artesian well, Heating energy: Other -- Wood pellets or wood, Heating energy: Electricity, Heating energy: Propane, Heating energy: Solar energy, Equipment available: Central air conditioning, Equipment available: Ventilation system, Equipment available: Alarm system, Windows: Aluminum, Foundation: Poured concrete, Hearth stove: Wood fireplace, Garage: Heated, Garage: Detached, Garage: Double width or more, Distinctive features: Private street, Proximity: Golf, Proximity: Park - green area, Proximity: Alpine skiing, Proximity: Cross-country skiing, Siding: Concrete, Siding: Wood, Bathroom / Washroom: Adjoining to the master bedroom, Bathroom / Washroom: Other -- Sauna, Bathroom / Washroom: Separate shower, Basement: No basement, Parking: Outdoor x 10, Parking: Garage x 2, Sewage system: Other -- Ecoflo, Sewage system: Biological filter, Distinctive features: Wooded, Window type: Tilt and turn, Roofing: Elastomer membrane, Topography: Steep, Topography: Sloped, View: Water, View: Mountain, View: Panoramic, Zoning: Residential