Oceanfront playground! A unique 10 acre headland with 1,620 spectacular linear feet of shoreline. Located within a micro climate on the sheltered shores of Becher Bay and protected by Wolf Island with a southerly exposure.
This quality, 2015 custom home of 5,672 sq. ft. has direct access to a phenomenal private dock which provides a launchpad to some of the most coveted sports fishing grounds on the West Coast. The 4 or 5 bedroom residence was designed by Keith Baker for comfortable living and constructed from the finest materials by renowned builder, Christopher Developments - a smart home with Control4 technology.
A separate 1,214 sq ft. workshop with attached high-quality 882 sq ft. guest accommodation. This fabulous opportunity has its own cove and pebble beach on the Metchosin/Sooke border and has amazing views across the Straits of Juan de Fuca to the Olympic Mountains. A pleasurable drive through the rolling hills of Metchosin, just 40 minutes to Victoria. No Speculation Tax!
Information Sheet – 5179 East Sooke Road
• Custom built 5,672 sq ft home with attached triple garage.
• Designed by award winning Keith Baker Design.
• Custom built by Christopher Developments in 2015.
• Millwork by Pointbreak Developments
• Modern open plan with expansive ocean and mountain views.
• Custom Loewen windows.
• Hydronic in-floor heating throughout.
• Main floor living area has European limestone tiles (with fossils) and hickory wood floors upstairs.
• 3 wood burning fireplaces.
• Kitchen features custom cherry cabinets, quartz countertops with triple sink, Miele built in fridge, induction cooktop and dishwasher, Sharp microwave drawer ice maker and Kitchen Aid wall oven/ warming drawer.
• Expansive craft room could be converted into a main floor master bedroom.
• Steam room.
• Control4 smart home system for lighting, entertainment, fire and security alarm.
• Steam room could be converted for elevator access to upper level.
• Rare 9.9 acre south facing headland with a micro climate sheltered by Wolfe Island in Becher Bay.
• Amazing privacy afforded by the ocean on three sides
• Impressive 47’ dock with 50 amp power – a launch pad for some of the West Coast’s best fishing, crabbing, kayaking and sailing.
• Unbeatable rocky shoreline with more than 1,620 linear feet of oceanfront including a private beach.
• Separate 882 sq. ft. self contained guest house with 1,214 sq. ft garage/workshop built by Road’s End Contracting in 2008.
• Underground services with 600 amp power to the property.
• 22KW propane backup generator for the main house and smaller gas generator for the guest house / shop.
• Water supplied by a 360’ deep well and a 3000 gal cistern. Outstanding well flow rate of over 10 gal/min.
• Two, 3 tank septic systems with separate fields.
• Low maintenance landscaping.
Information believed to be correct, if important, Buyer must verify.