Oceanfront playground! A unique 10 acre headland with 1,620 spectacular linear feet of shoreline. Located within a micro climate on the sheltered shores of Becher Bay and protected by Wolf Island with a southerly exposure.
This quality, 2015 custom home of 5,672 sq. ft. has direct access to a phenomenal private dock which provides a launchpad to some of the most coveted sports fishing grounds on the West Coast. The 4 or 5 bedroom residence was designed by Keith Baker for comfortable living and constructed from the finest materials by renowned builder, Christopher Developments - a smart home with Control4 technology.
A separate 1,214 sq ft. workshop with attached high-quality 882 sq ft. guest accommodation. This fabulous opportunity has its own cove and pebble beach on the Metchosin/Sooke border and has amazing views across the Straits of Juan de Fuca to the Olympic Mountains. A pleasurable drive through the rolling hills of Metchosin, just 40 minutes to Victoria. No Speculation Tax!
East Sooke is an unincorporated community situated south and east of Sooke, British Columbia, Canada. It consists of over 500 houses (and one volunteer fire department) on the south side of the Sooke Basin. East Sooke borders on East Sooke Regional Park, an area of 14.3394 square kilometres (3,543.3 acres), with views south to Olympic National Park in the United States.
East Sooke does not have a town council. Instead it is governed by a Regional Director who is also responsible for other unincorporated areas in the Capital Regional District (the regional district Victoria, British Columbia).
East Sooke's general character is rural, although it is a bedroom community of Victoria, British Columbia. Its close proximity to Victoria, its character as a bedroom community, and its large tracts of undeveloped land have made it an attractive location for recreation and retirement developments.
The population of East Sooke is roughly 1,500 (2001 census: 1434) . There is no town core, but there is a single convenience store. Typical of the rural nature of the community, not only can one purchase a litre of milk, or a loaf of bread, but one can buy animal feed, or a truck load of gravel from that store. East Sooke is a mix of small residential subdivisions, small hobby farms, and wilderness.
There are currently no schools in East Sooke although there have been plans for an elementary school for a number of years. Some children are bussed to Sooke schools. This community is part of School District 62 Sooke. Many families in East Sooke homeschool their kids negating the need to travel to Sooke for school. This area has a vibrant homeschooling community and there are multiple programs available for families who choose to teach at home.
Information Sheet – 5179 East Sooke Road
• Custom built 5,672 sq ft home with attached triple garage.
• Designed by award winning Keith Baker Design.
• Custom built by Christopher Developments in 2015.
• Millwork by Pointbreak Developments
• Modern open plan with expansive ocean and mountain views.
• Custom Loewen windows.
• Hydronic in-floor heating throughout.
• Main floor living area has European limestone tiles (with fossils) and hickory wood floors upstairs.
• 3 wood burning fireplaces.
• Kitchen features custom cherry cabinets, quartz countertops with triple sink, Miele built in fridge, induction cooktop and dishwasher, Sharp microwave drawer ice maker and Kitchen Aid wall oven/ warming drawer.
• Expansive craft room could be converted into a main floor master bedroom.
• Steam room.
• Control4 smart home system for lighting, entertainment, fire and security alarm.
• Steam room could be converted for elevator access to upper level.
• Rare 9.9 acre south facing headland with a micro climate sheltered by Wolfe Island in Becher Bay.
• Amazing privacy afforded by the ocean on three sides
• Impressive 47’ dock with 50 amp power – a launch pad for some of the West Coast’s best fishing, crabbing, kayaking and sailing.
• Unbeatable rocky shoreline with more than 1,620 linear feet of oceanfront including a private beach.
• Separate 882 sq. ft. self contained guest house with 1,214 sq. ft garage/workshop built by Road’s End Contracting in 2008.
• Underground services with 600 amp power to the property.
• 22KW propane backup generator for the main house and smaller gas generator for the guest house / shop.
• Water supplied by a 360’ deep well and a 3000 gal cistern. Outstanding well flow rate of over 10 gal/min.
• Two, 3 tank septic systems with separate fields.
• Low maintenance landscaping.
Information believed to be correct, if important, Buyer must verify.