Oceanfront Sophistication. World class custom home built to exquisite standards with walls of glass to enjoy unobstructed ocean views of Haro Straits. Mount Baker and San Juan Island are front and centre. This 1.74 acre oceanside sanctuary sits anchored beside the rocky oceanside natural boundary of approximately 300 feet.
Custom built by CanPro Construction the 6,103 sq ft home has ceilings soaring to 25 feet and offers superior accommodation for refined entertaining. The finishings are exceptionally crafted with white eastern maple walls, bespoke railings with mahogany inlay and a grand bespoke gas fireplace between the living and dining rooms.
It is undoubtedly the perfect showcase for any art connoisseur. The kitchen is a gourmand's delight with top of the line appliances and a climate controlled wine room nearby. Four or five ensuite bedrooms all include exceptional views. The expansive slate patios are created for outdoor enjoyment. Architect Sid Chow & designer Craig Sandells have excelled in this creation with Frank Lloyd Wright influences.
Centrally located in the coveted Queenswood neighbourhood of Victoria, minutes from University of Victoria and Victoria Yacht Club.
The Queenswood area of Victoria is an exclusive wooded, seaside neighbourhood located north of Cadboro Bay and northwest of Ten Mile Point. Originally developed in the 1940s, Queenswood is characterized by winding roads and secluded character homes on large, treed estates. Located only 15 minutes from Victoria, the capital city of British Columbia, makes this a very desirable neighbourhood of custom homes.
Information Sheet – 2530 Queenswood Drive
- Custom built 6,103 sq ft home.
- Designed by Sid Chow with interiors by Caig Sandells.
- Built by Canpro Construction in 2004.
- All principal rooms with expansive ocean and mountain views.
- Decorative walls of eastern white maple, ornamental mahogany rails and stair treads.
- Wood and slate floors in public areas.
- Extensive built-ins in public areas including a wet bar.
- Custom windows and doors.
- Heating and air-conditioning with 2 heat pumps also a Heat Recovery Ventilation system.
- Two hot water tanks.
- 3 natural gas fireplaces – living/dining room, family room, master bedroom. Exceptional custom fireplace between living and dining rooms.
- Multi zone sound system.
- Top of the line appliances – Dacor countertop range, Miele dishwasher, Subzero fridge/freezer, Dacor double ovens, warmer oven.
- Temperature controlled wine room with humidifier.
- Separate storage & workshop off garage.
- Unbeatable rocky shoreline with amazing ocean views.
- Located in the highly sort-after Queenswood area of Victoria.
- 1.74 acres in EDPA so restrictions on where the house could be located if built today.
- Extensive rock blasting and terraced boulder walls prior to construction.
- Outdoor kitchen and vast slate patio space.
- Irrigated, low maintenance gardens.
- Private location.
- Underground services with hydro kiosk on site – 400 amp power.
Information believed to be correct, if important, Buyer must verify.