- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Half
About This Property
Fairmont Le Château Montebello Golf Club! The Birches is a beautiful Canadian style four-season home on over 50,700 sq ft of wooded/terraced land in an exclusive enclave overlooking the golf, 60/75 minutes from Ottawa, Montreal & Mont-Tremblant. This 5 bdrm/3 bath home provides the ultimate in year-round country living.
Request More Information
- Rachelle Demers
- 3,165 ft2 / 294.03 m2 - Living space
- 4,715.30 m2 / 50,756.73 ft2 - Lot size
- Year Built 1939
- $5,090 Taxes Municipal 2017
- $936 Taxes School 2016
Additional FeaturesDriveway: Double width or more, Cupboard: Wood, Heating system: Air circulation, Heating system: Electric baseboard units, Water supply: Municipality, Heating energy: Wood, Heating energy: Electricity, Equipment available: Other -- Ultra Violet Sterilizer, Windows: Other -- 28 windows changed in 2013, Windows: PVC, Foundation: Poured concrete, Hearth stove: Wood fireplace, Hearth stove: Wood burning stove, Garage: Attached, Garage: Double width or more, Distinctive features: Other -- Beside hole # 14, Distinctive features: No neighbours in the back, Pool: Inground, Proximity: Highway, Proximity: Golf, Proximity: Elementary school, Siding: Wood, Bathroom / Washroom: Adjoining to the master bedroom, Bathroom / Washroom: Seperate shower, Basement: Unfinished, Parking: Outdoor x 6, Parking: Garage x 2, Sewage system: Other -- 750 gallons / 3 bdrm, Sewage system: Septic tank, Distinctive features: Wooded, Landscaping: Landscape, Window type: Crank handle, Roofing: Asphalt shingles, Topography: Flat, Zoning: Residential
* This is one of the unique homes of the former Seigniory Club.
* The original wood, beamed ceilings, hardwood floors and panelled walls give it elegance, warmth and charm.
* There is lots of natural light and many storage cupboards throughout.
* The spacious, bright open concept living/dining room with its original stone fireplace gives onto a lovely screened porch with attached BBQ deck above the golf course.
* On the main floor double French doors lead to the split-level Master Bedroom (with ensuite). This room is dominated by a picture window looking out over the golf-course.
* A guest bedroom and bathroom are also found on the main floor.
* The large basement provides ample storage. Equipped with washer/dryer and an efficient oil furnace.
* Upstairs, there are 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and a den (used by the current owners as a play-room for their grandchildren).
* A large, attached two-car garage and workshop. Part of the garage complex is a two story section used for storage.
* An in-ground pool surrounded by large cedar deck and stone patio.
* The 14th tee of the golf course is about 50 metres off property through a wooded pathway.
* Near-by: cross-country skiing, fishing and all the facilities of the fabulous Chateau Fairmont Montebello.
* The grounds are beautiful, interesting and varied. Over $40,000 has been spent in creating a uniquely lovely rural setting that is ecologically sensitive and a year-round delight.
* The house is very well maintained. A complete list of what has been done to ensure its quality is available upon request.