- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 1 Half
About This Property
Stately stone Residence nestled into the mountain on Belvedere just below Summit circle. Set well back from the street, a gently curved stone staircase leads past the sprawling front garden to the unique front door and vestibule. An elegant 3 storey home of ample proportions offering grace and style.
Request More Information
- Joseph Montanaro
- 17,540.00 ft2 / 1,629.47 m2 - Lot size
- Year Built 1926
- $31,253 Taxes Municipal 2015
- $6,311 Taxes School 2014
Additional FeaturesDriveway: Plain paving stone, Heating system: Hot water, Heating system: Electric baseboard units, Water supply: Municipality, Heating energy: Natural gas, Windows: Aluminum, Windows: Wood, Foundation: Poured concrete, Foundation: Stone, Hearth stove: Gaz fireplace, Garage: Attached, Garage: Double width or more, Siding: Stone, Siding: Stucco, Bathroom / Washroom: Adjoining to the master bedroom, Bathroom / Washroom: Seperate shower, Basement: Finished basement, Parking: Outdoor x 2, Parking: Garage x 2, Sewage system: Municipal sewer, Roofing: Other -- Slate and copper, Zoning: Residential
- Stately stone residence set back from prestigious Belvedere road. The ground floor features a cross hall plan and traditional charm. The formal living room features elegant woodwork, large windows on three sides, and a gas fireplace. The spacious dining room can comfortably accommodate large receptions. The gourmet kitchen with top of the line appliances and exceptionally bright dinette has access to the south west facing terrace overlooking the back garden.
- On the second floor, a large master suite features a spacious ensuite bathroom, gas fireplace, and private balcony overlooking the grounds. It is also comprised of a grand walk in closet with balcony, a second bright bedroom with ensuite bathroom, and a cozy library/den.
- The top floor features two large bedrooms, one bathroom, and a family room - ideal for teens or out of town guests.
- The fully finished basement with garage access is perfectly suited for a cinema/family room or gym and includes a bedroom with full bathroom.
-The existing house occupies only 14.7% of the lot and it could be potentially doubled its coverage and almost double its floor area.
-However the new addition has to fit within setback lines as shown on attached site plan and follow all zoning by by-laws of the City of Westmount.
-Since the house has been classified as the category 1, any renovation as well as any new addition has to respect the original architecture of the house and maintain the integrity of the defining characteristics of the character area.
-Fireplace(s) and chimney (s) are sold without legal warranty with respect to insurance companies' requirements and/or regulations.
-The choice of inspectors shall be agreed to by both the buyer and the seller prior to inspection.